June 30, 2005

Audioslave, ..And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - 29/06/05 Jäähalli, Helsinki + Bulgaria

I have to say that my expectations of the gig weren't too high. The AYWKUBTTOD-support slot was somewhat of a surprise. A pleasant surprise, I might add. Their set was excellent. It was pure genius from the beginning to the end. I'm not sure if they always have two drum kits on stage, but did they ever put up a great show with them yesterday! Tom Morello, clad in Bob Dylanesque vest, guest-starred on one song, which sent shivers down my spine big time.

Audioslave was great too, even though I'm not too impressed by Chris Cornell. In between their own hits, they played some RATM, and Chris played Black Hole Sun just by himself, and the crowd did go apeshit on him. In a positive sense that is. If there is a Kinkt award for guitarheroes, the award would definitely go to Tom Morello, he has to be the most original axe-meister around. And oh yes, the rhythm-section aint too bad either.. Tim & Brad are t-i-g-h-t.

Even if the gig was pretty darn good, I still decided to head for the release party of the new issue of Bulgaria Magazine at The Rose Garden. A decent party, tasty mohitos and good music. (I guess it was Sampo DJ'ing.) The mag's as fine as ever - at least browse through a copy if you find one. You'll love it.

1 comment:

audio aja said...

nice blog for audioslave fans

 
Add to Google